Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How to Celebrate the Birthday


Today, June 2nd, is my father's 51th birthday!
Happy Birthday,dad. 
My family is going to have a birthday cake ton
ight.
The beginning of birthday cake's history dates back to the middle of the 19th century in Western cultures, and people
started singing a birthday song before having it. 

By the way, in other countries, how people celebrate their birthday?
Do you think it could be the same way as Japan like with a cake?

I will share some differences between Japan and other countries.


In Korea, the birthday person usually have seaweed soup in the morning. Korean people also have a b
irthday cake with the birthday song though, seaweed soup for the birthday seems strange for me doesn't it?


Talking about China, people eat long life noodle(長寿麺), and they have it on the birthday or new year bec
ause noodle's length reflects wishes for their longevity.


On your own birthday, what do you want to eat?



5 comments:

  1. Hi Saori!
    I'm YUNA:)

    I enjoyed reading your blog!
    I've never heard about CHINESE birthday. It's interesting that they celebrate their birthday with noodle.

    My Korean friend said before that if there are no seaweed soup on the table at birthday morning, they would feel soooooo sad!It's surprising isn't it?

    In my case, I always ask my mom to cook "karaage" on my birthday because I love it soooo much!

    Idon't know know the other countries' birthday. So I wanna research about it. Thank you for giving me the oppotunity of thinking about it, Saori!

    Anyway, please tell your dad that
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saori

    Please say hi and happy birthday to your dad :))

    I've known that korean drink the seaweed soup when birthday but I didn't know about china.
    Even though we're in Asia, it's really interesting to have differences among neibour countries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, ur father!lol

    to eat wakame soup is strange for me because my image of dinner on birthday is special, mother rare to make.
    When I was a child, My motehr often used to make Temaki-sushi on my birthday, and after that, ate cakes.
    But I am not satisfied the cake because my father decided every birthday cake. I love baked cheese cake or mooth type of cake, but he doesn't like. now, I live in alone apart from my family, so I am happy I can choose cake whichever i want!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I enjoyed your blog. ;D
    Happy birthday your Daddy! yeah----!
    I did not know about the birthday in foreign country like Korea or China so it was very interesting information. ;)
    I like noodles and soup, but I'd love to eat Cheese cake for my birthday!!!! haha

    On my birhtday last year my father bought me a birthday cake and it was very delicious. I'm looking forward to have it again this year... haha ;D Thank you!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good mornig, Saori!
    It's a interesting post.
    I have never thought the differet ways of birthday. I want to know more about other countries:)
    I ate sushi and a fruits birthday cake in this year.

    ReplyDelete